Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hey everybody, it's toad!!!

Many years ago I adopted the alias 'frogigr' as a username for my first AOL account. At the time, frog gigging was among my favored leisure pursuits with a small group of wayward friends. On occassion, often after enjoying a combination of pops and brown waters, we would head out to a local golf course where we could usually count on bagging enough of the critters to fill up a fry daddy full of legs. I don't know if you have ever tried frog legs, but to me they taste like sweet chicken. Very tasty. Really.

Anyway, the reason for sharing all that was to provide some background information relative to why I would be posting this here picture of a gorgeous looking toad. Well, about six years ago, as I was using my 'frogigr' alias, a certain friend of mine started calling me frog. Some point later I retorted by addressing him as toad. To this day we still have fun with these nicknames and tonight, as I was addressing him as toad in an e-mail, I went in search of a toad picture to paste into the e-mail as a way of 'talkin shit'. When I found the picture of this here critter I laughed so hard that I could not resist the opportunity to save it, and the accompanying explanation, to my blog. So here ya have it.

No comments: