Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rolling, rolling, rolling on the river...

What do I love in the world? Where is God in that?

Through our experiences of the many scenes and characters in an emergent Universe narrative we can, if we look for it, see God winking at us as if to say, "I AM here, the water is just fine, leave the bank, come on in". Over time, the more we encounter such overtures, the more we realize that this living water is not only inviting us to jump in, it is calling us to join it and, as it runs through us, to emerge as participants in its expression. As one who could sit on a hillside for hours just looking at a river, and enjoys floating in a canoe, one thing I love in the world is the conjoined experience of "seeing" the flow of divine currents throughout my city and being ushered along by them at the same time. Where is God in this? God is in my experiences of learning who God IS through this magical combination of observing grace in others, realizing grace in myself, and in the marveling I do in the moments of their interaction.

No comments: